Saturday, May 1, 2010

Every day I waited for you and every day on the hood of your car

Enid and Rebecca (Ghost World)
Lelaina and Vickie (Reality Bites)
Jerry and Elaine (Seinfeld)
Courtney Love and Kat Bjelland
Marie and Marie (Daisies)

Besties are the best! These are some of my favourite partner's in crime - I have some great friends (awwww), but I've also been watching and listening to some great bestie inspiring stuff.

I finally set aside 3+ hours to watch French New Wave epic 'Celine and Julie go Boating' (1974) - Jacques Rivette - which is not only absolutely beautiful to look at aesthetically but as the name implies focuses on two women who are drawn together through fate, memory and magic. These are possibly 3 of my favourite themes in movies - the magic element of the film is particularly amazing - tarot, illusions, memory candy, haunted houses etc. I also love films that focus on two women as leads which is rarer than you'd think. TRIVIA - it was also the inspiration for 'Desperately Seeking Susan'.

Also I've been listening to The Drums again who are coming to Australia and I couldn't be more excited. They have a great song called Best Friend which is fitting but the song I haven't been able to stop listening to is Baby, That's Not the Point - which isn't really as relevant to best friends but an awesome song nonetheless.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

amazing! I want to see that movie real bad (you know I love Desperately Seeking Susan, and not just cause of the five seconds of Richard Hell...) xx