Sunday, March 14, 2010

Through the blinding lightning flash and the mighty thunder crash

I was inspired by this great blog post about films that you love but never want to see again to make my own list. I agree with most of the films on this list though some of them I haven't even seen based on the fact that I'm terrified of being traumatised.

Heres my list of films that I loved but never want to see again

1. Dumbo - Walt Disney



I find a lot of the early Disney cartoons quite upsetting including Pinocchio and Bambi etc (can we say Parent issues Uncie Walt?), but this scene with Dumbo and his mother takes the cake. I can't watch it without tearing up.

2. Dead Ringers - David Cronenberg



It'll make you look twice at twins, but you won't really want to.

3. Lilya -4 - Ever - Lukas Moodysson



Completely unrelenting - this film destroyed me.

4. The Piano Teacher - Michael Haneke



Its been called the truest representation of the Marquis de Sade, in film form - that should tell you enough. Stark and beautiful and completely shocking. There are scenes in this film no one needs to see twice.

5. Bully - Larry Clark



I love Kids but Bully was almost too dark even for Clark.

No comments: