Sunday, January 15, 2012

New favourite director ALERT!



I saw Joachim Trier's film, 'Oslo, 31 August' at TIFF last year, and I totally loved everything about it. Understated, starring semi-hip 20-somethings, who are contemplative and somewhat morose, quirky narrative style - yes, I'm SO on board! Not that I want in anyway to reduce a beautiful, affecting, work of art like 'Oslo, 31 August' to a bunch of conventions that I just happen to always love, because well, its better than that. Definitely one of my faves of last year, that I feel like not many people saw, and as such, I'm kicking myself that I forgot it for The Playlist Underrated/Overrated.

I'm also halfway through Reprise (his first film), and I can't believe I love it as much as 'Oslo, 31 August', maybe more! I hope I don't have to wait another 5 years for the next Joachim Trier movie (say it ain't so).

No comments: