Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tell it Like it is Boss



Hi-Fidelity is up there with some of my favourite comfort movies/books. Something about this film makes me feel like everything is going to be OK - I'm not sure if these things are about time and place (a lot of my comfort movies/books seem to be from 17-19). This Comfort Cannon also includes Almost Famous, Whip It, Virgin Suicides, Igby Goes Down, Reality Bites, Heathers, Girl, Grosse Pointe Blank, The Royal Tenenbaums - you get the idea.

As far as TV shows we are looking My So Called Life or Seinfeld marathon and maybe Season 4 of Six Feet Under - and if things are really dire and dreary I'll go on mental vacay with a 7 season Gilmore Girls marathon - oh yes this is who I am - but don't knock it till you've done it.

There are probably a few more but you'd be pretty safe in saying if it has golden-era Kirsten Dunst, Claire Danes, Winona Ryder and John Cusack and the non-optional awesome soundtrack - I'm gonna be watching it when I'm feeling rough around the edges - bonus points for losers-redeeming themselves!

Also Bruce Springsteen giving me love life advice IS MY DREAM!

No comments: