Sunday, August 2, 2009

MIFF - 3 - in short reviews



Unmade Beds - Alexis Dos Santos

I know in my last post I spoke about struggling to review - and I'm about to do it again. However for another reason - this time its more about films that I feel are "supposed" to speak to me or worse "represent" me. I feel like they are too close to "my time" to speak unbiasedly about. On another note I wonder if back in the 80s people felt the same way about films like 'Dogs in Space'?

So this film is equal parts cringe (much of the music - Kimya and co should be banned from soundtracks post-Juno, sex scenes and throwaway "so indie" or "so deep" lines) and magic (the character Vera mainly - her costumes, looks, gestures) for me.

I do enjoy seeing these types of films in parts - even if its just to find out the kind of life I could be living or how people view a certain generation or will in 30 years...

No comments: