Sunday, November 16, 2008

Goddamn! You are one radical son of a bitch!


It seems that everything is about the beach these days - including one man San Diego band WAVVES. Even though I'm best described as an indoor child (and adult) and the closest I've gotten to surfing is re-watching Point Break - I love listening to something calling itself "beach-punk". Then I considered starting a band called Johnny Utah.

Nathan Williams - the man-boy behind WAVVES - is pretty much like the younger brother I never had. It sounds like he's stolen all my Pixies and MBV CDs and got bombarded with my Dad's 60s/doo-wop records - and turned out sounding pretty damn fine.

Plus they have a song called 'Weed Demon' (could you get more summer vibes?) - which just came out on 7-inch and if you live inside The Internets is available for high-quality AIF's on the WAVVES blog. The self-titled WAVVES debut is also out now on cassette through Fuckittapes. If you need immediacy, you can stream both Beach Demon/Weed Demon the awesome tracks from the 7inch over at WAVVES myspace. Soft copy for life.

No comments: