Sunday, May 29, 2011

"It’s the village girl who will change the world."



I just raced through Kelly Cutrone's book 'If You Have to Cry Go Outside' and it was totally amazing. I'm reading so many increds memoirs (of sorts) this year - John Waters, Patti Smith, Sarah Silverman etc - that have really resonated with me. I can't recommend this book enough its such a great read and Cutrone speaks in such a unique voice. Though I don't agree with everything she says, I still felt like I got so much out of it. She's kind of like the cool tough aunt or older sister you wish you had - the one that gives you records and buys you condoms or something.

Also now I'm kind of obsessed with her. I want her to be my life coach, and I'm super jello of Marrisa Meltzer's life coach style interview with Ms Cutrone that you can also read here.

No comments: