Monday, January 5, 2009

Fruits of the Summer Pt2


Yes yes it took a while - I know you've all been waiting with baited breath to see what other films I feel are worthy of my blog and its faithful reader(s? i wish).

The Class

It won the Palme D'Or how bad could it be? As long as it side steps that lefty middle class patronising attitude towards poor people and the third world in general - probably not too bad.

22 Jan 2009

I've Loved You So Long

The other night I watched Under A Cherry Moon which I believe was Kristin Scott Thomas's first film (or at least v early on in her career) she plays a drumming, rich girl who finds herself through her love for Prince. I like to think of this as the sequel to that wonderful start of Thomas's filmic career.

Dec 26 Out now.

Slumdog Millionaire

I'm semi fascinated by the concept of pre-determined destiny and peoples reactions to that philosophy. I like thinking that everything is pre determined and that the future is rolling out exactly the way it is supposed to. I know to some people this seems somewhat apathetic and often it makes them feel powerless but sometimes its comforting to know that you're not making the wrong decision but simply the decision you were to make at that time - excellent mind trick for the indecisive - its either that or a pro/con list and there is not always time.

Anyway I also like game shows too so I want to see this.

Plus I can't find one bad review of this film - and my friend told me theres a great bollywood style dance scene at the end which, lets face it is how all films should end really.

Dec 18 08 - OUT NOW!

Just as a quick aside - do not see Benjamin Button it is fast falling in the quicksand of my mind to the depths where I keep such stinkers as Closer, Garden State and Little Miss Sunshine. Also just in case you cared: I thought Twilight was funny (so many montages - how did the scriptwriter get away with that?) and I am somewhat curious to see Bolt (its been ridiculously well reviewed).

No comments: