Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Things usually make sense in time, and even bad decisions have their own kind of correctness."


The Future - Miranda July

OK. So - I don't love everything Miranda July does, like her book, didn't even finish it. However this doesn't stop me thinking she's a bit amazing. Though I don't like her short stories, I love her dialogue (I lurve it, I luff it - 2 x f's). I love her pacing - both in film and performance - please see here.

I saw 'The Future' last night and had an overwhelmingly physical reaction to some of the lines. There were globs of dialogue that I could almost physically feel in my hand and I desperately wanted to shove in my pockets.

Its so hard to be true and not to be trite. Its so hard to be clever and still be true. Its really hard to make a good movie - and she does it really well. I also desperately want to see one of her performances live v. soon.

PS while googling I found a Sleater Kinney video the she directed for 'Get Up' - its pretty awesome.

No comments: