Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby You're Bad News



Jenny and Johnny is a pretty cute name for a band, Big Wave is an awesome song and Johnathan Rice is pretty cute so I can forgive Jenny Lewis for ditching on her solo shiz and Rilo Kiley for a little bit. I've been a secret super fan of hers since about 2002 - when I was a latent angsty teen her emotive but never too emo singing style was perfect mix of sadness and anger that I felt was missing from a lot of female singers that are either just sad or just angry. There's something about her thats a complete joy even when she misses the mark. See below if you care to trawl a little through her past hits and a couple of seminal 90s films that she featured in that I totally love as well - even when they miss the mark at least it feels like they were shooting in the right direction.



Portions for Foxes - Still one of my all time anthemic type songs from the mid-2000's



The Frug - CONFESSION - I cannot do The Frug or The Smurf



Don's Plum (2001) - Young Tobey Maguire and Leo DiCaprio - just a simple 90s talkie.



Foxfire - 1996 girl gang film totally rad plus early Angelina Jolie!

No comments: