Thursday, October 29, 2009

“Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”



I made another mix tape this one is a covers mix. I'm a sucker for covers.

The covers are all a bit sombre (which seems to be a 'thing' for covers) but all good - true. Anyway I called it Maudlin Pleasures (thanks Crayon Fields for inspiring me!). NB - Its hard to make a mixtape of somewhat sombre songs (however excellent you think them to be) without turning into or coming across as a big mopey-sad-sack - kinda of like making an R&B mixtape for a guy without seeming like you're aurally hitting on them 20 times every 3 minutes.

Anyhow here's the tracklist -

  1. Marie (Randy Newman cover) - Allison Moorer
  2. Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac cover) - Anna Ternheim
  3. Walk a Thing Line (Fleetwood Mac cover) - Atlas Sound
  4. I Fought the Law (Clash cover) - Bell X1
  5. The Breeze/My Baby Cries (Kath Bloom cover) - Bill Callahan
  6. I Want You (Bob Dylan cover) - Bruce Springsteen
  7. She Wolf (Shakira cover) - Chester French
  8. Plainest Thing (Tift Merritt cover) - Chris Stamley Experience
  9. Hyperballad (Bjork cover) - Dirty Projectors
  10. Jesus Was a Crossmaker (Judee Sill cover) - Frida Hyvonen
  11. So Bored (Wavves cover) - His Clancyness
  12. Box Elder (Pavement cover) - Pet Ghost Project
  13. My Boys (Animal Collective cover) - Taken By Trees
  14. Heaven (Talking Heads cover) - Voxtrot
  15. Just Like Heaven (The Cure cover) - The Watson Twins
  16. Hot Like Fire (Aaliyah cover) - The xx

No comments: