Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Society, my dear, is like salt water, good to swim in but hard to swallow.




pics from Smitten Kitchen, Cup of Jo, Cooking Books and Fern and Feather (yum)

So I've just started reading some cooking blogs and though I get easily overwhelmed by them all - I am obsessed with one idea - salt! Yes I know this may sound simple but whether it be essential minerals or just a taste sensation I am craving I want to make all these salty sweet treats. Here are some essential links for all you salty/sweet lovers like me out there - choc-salt cookies, choc-oatmeal-salt-cookies, salty krispy treat, sea salt brownies, semolina salty cookies, salty icecream sandwhiches, oh and some more cookies.

TRIVIA - The combination of salt, fat and sugar releases endorphins in the brain which is why we get the happy buzz from peanut butter and jam sandwhiches and all other salty/sweet/fat treats. Also they taste awesome.

AND in other news - 'WHO IS SALT?'

No comments: